Access Control System
Access Control Systems
An access control system allows you to control who has access to your premises. Access control systems can operate doors, gates and barriers and are available in various installations such as telephone and video entry systems or computer-controlled systems operated by magnetic cards, proximity readers, keypad or biometric information.
There are three types of access control system:
A standalone system which is the simplest, most cost-effective system
A PC-networked system which allows access to be tailored for each individual and is controlled via the relevant software
A door entry system which enables entry for visitors who can’t access the site via the access control system.
Each system enables complete control over who can access buildings and sites and specific areas can also be set up to be accessed by selected people.
What are the advantages of an access control system?
- You never have to change a lock again or worry about keys being copied when staff leave the business.
- You don’t need to worry about the main entrance to your property being open all day.
- You can control which areas of the site different staff members have access to.
- Protocols can be set to open certain doors during set periods.
- Fire registers can be quickly generated in the event of evacuation.